4 Easy ways to adapt with changes

Life is full of ups and downs and we come up with a lot of surprises at every turn. Changes occur constantly whether we want them or not. There can be a sudden or a decided change but anyways we have to adapt with these changes to maintain stability of our lives.

  • You had been living in a city for many years and suddenly had to move to an entirely new place. And now you are finding it difficult to adjust there. 
  • You had to change your school or college and were unable to adjust in the new environment.
  • You got fired from your job.  
  • You broke up or got involved in a new long-term relationship e.g marriage.

These types of changes either lead you to depression,anxiety or failuresin life. So you have to fight against them and show some resistance against these types of thoughts. You must adapt with these changes quickly or take preventive measures to avoid nervous breakdowns later.

Preventive measures :

1. Be Ready

pexels-photo-37726

All things are ready, if our mind be so.” 

Life is not only about good things and bad things are inevitable so you should always be ready to face them. You must understand that life is unfair and you cannot do anything about it.

You gave your best at a test and you think that you are going to get the first prize but when the result comes, you are at the third place. You are shocked by it. You start complaining and get depressed.

You might think that all of your hard work went in vain BUT you don’t know the other side ! The person at the first place might have worked harder than you and suffered more pain. Even if you gave your best, it doesn’t mean you are going to win it. You must anticipate all possible results and be prepared for each of them. 

In short, ” Hope for the best, prepare for the worst ” . 

2. Expect the unexpected

pexels-photo-269057

” Expectation is the root of all heartache.” 

Never set high expectations for anything because it always leads to disappointment. Anything could happen ! Even if you have a 99% chance of succeeding but still remember that 1% chance of failure. You must not neglect that possibility to fail.

You might have practiced for a competition a lot and now you are over-confident about it. You are sure that you are going to win ! But unfortunately,  you had an accident at the last day which broke your leg. And now you were unable to take part in that competition. Such tragedy may have a life lasting impact on your mind. And now you refuse to take part in that game ever ! 

If at first, you have thought all possibilities and were not having such high expectations to win the competition, you might have recovered from the nervous breakdown.

In short, ” Aim high, but don’t expect high. “

The Cure :

We have become so lazy that we don’t take any action unless we have got the disease. We like the cure more than the preventive measures even though it is more painful and bitter. Anyways, if you didn’t do anything before and now you are struggling to adjust with the change, you have come to the right place.

3. Bury the past

pexels-photo-210590

” Everyday is the first day of the rest of your life. ” 

You must not worry about something you cannot change and you cannot change the past. You have to just let it go and move on. Holding it forever will cause you nothing but stress and regret.

Now you just have to focus on today, forget yesterday. And you must do that because there is no other option.

You made a wrong decision about something and now it is causing you great trouble. Now you are crying over it and regretting that decision. you are wishing to go back in time and reverse your decision but you know that is impossible. You are confused and frustrated. You don’t know what to do ! 

You know that it cannot be reversed so it’s no use crying over it. Now you have to adjust with it and concentrate on other important things in life.

In short ,  “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” 

4. Be optimistic

smile-2428619_1280

“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”

The life of a pessimist is always dull. He only looks for negative things and cry over them. He neglects the good things in his life. On the other hand, an optimistic understands that there are many ups and downs in life but still he tries to seek positive points from everything.

Changes may make your life miserable but you have to be positive and understand that this suffering is temporary and it will soon be over. You just have to look for good things in it.

If a person moves to a new place and finds the city very congested. But instead of getting frustrated over this issue he sees that the place is very developed and provides a lot of facilities. He remains happy and easily adjust with the change. 

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde 

Thanks,

AZ ©

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s